Thursday, August 10 at 10am - 744 Springfield St. Dayton, Ohio
Located at 744 Springfield St. Dayton, Ohio. From Rt. 4 take the Findlay St. exit south to left on First St.
PARKING - available at Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church corner of Irwin & Springfield 1 block from auction site. Also available at Gattis Blvd. behind shop.
Thursday, August 10 at 10am
Complete auto repair shop for street rods, vintage cars, & motorcycles. Known as "Trans Action" the late Dan Downing ran his shop for 52 years! Check out the pictures. Building is full.
* 1940 Ford Tudor Hotrod *
This car was Dan's baby and it shows. 1940 Ford Turtleback Tudor that Dan did everything too. Car features a 307 cubic inch Chevy smallblock engine with a turbo 350 automatic tranny. Newer dropped-beam axle with Pete & Jake hardware, rear early Nova differential gears, & Chassis Engineering parallel leaf spring kit. Custom red & black interior. A/C. Car was featured in American Rodder magazine. Mint condition!
* 1938 DeSoto S5 Coupe *
One of a kind 1938 Desoto S5 Coupe with 5,800 original miles! Mint condition! Flathead 6 cylinder, 228 cubic inch, and 93hp engine. Manual transmission. This car was a complete tear down and rebuild in 1980-1985. In 1986 it won the National Award of the Antique Auto Club of America. Car was located in an antique car museum for many years in Pennsylvania, this is how the miles are so low. It is painted in original Chinese Gold. The interior is mohair and is original in every way. You'll be impressed......guarantee it!
* 1973 Ford Mustang Convertible *
Bright red 1973 Ford Mustang convertible with 302 5.0L V-8 engine. 69,791 original miles. Dual exhaust. Interior is all original. Paint job and convertible top are newer. Dan owned this car since 1988. Always garaged and well maintained by Dan.
* Vintage Motorcycle Collection *
- 1965 Honda Dream 300 motorcycle. Orange color. 4,922 miles. Excellent condition. ID#CA77105091
- 1967 Honda Dream 300 motorcycle. White color. 17,239 miles. Excellent condition. ID#CA781025319
- 1979 Harley Davidson Sportster with 20,600 miles. Leather saddle bags. Mostly original. ID#3A67882H9
- 2005 Harley Davidson Road King with 65,000 miles - ID#1HD1FRW185Y617998
- 1976 Honda 750 Four in excellent condition with 17,984 miles. VIN#CB7502543487
- 1977 Honda 550 Four K with 30,361 miles. Excellent condition. Hard saddle bags. VIN#CB550K2007215
- 1972 Honda CB125 motorcycle. VIN#CB125S1022069
- 1966 Suzuki motorcycle. Engine and parts are there. Just needs put back together.
* Chevy * Ford * Dodge * Desoto *
- 2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible with 101,000 miles. Red color with red & black interior. New tires. Dual exhaust. Hard and soft tops. Sharp! Runs great.
- 1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with 134,000 miles. Leather. Super clean.
- 1993 Dodge Dakota Truck with 221,000 miles. Long bed.
- 1951 Desoto Deluxe Sedan. New interior. ID#6273778
Some vehicles and motorcycles sell subject to confirmation of seller.
NOTE - All these vehicles and motorcycles are in great condition because Dan owned them and he took pride in everything he owned. His shop was the cleanest and most organized shop we've ever seen.
Cars, motorcycles, trailer, sell at 12noon
* Trailer * Car hauler *
6' x 10' V-Nose enclosed cargo trailer with drop down ramp door and newer tires and rims. Nice heavy duty Demco car hauler with spare tire.
* Parts * Shop Equipment * Tools *
Walker jacks & lifts, floor jackson, transmission jacks, Wilton vises, transmissions, carburetors, hoists, large Snap-On tool chest, lots of Snap-On socket sets & tools, Craftsman tools, metal storage cabinets & bins in all sizes, lockers, motorcycle jacks, Hotsy steam cleaner, jack stands, Werner ladders, metal shelving, engine analyzer, battery chargers, 45 metal folding chairs, shop vacs, arbor press, new oil & fluids, bulbs, fuses, large shop fan, traffic light, portable carts, Harley Davidson coats, 10-10 tire changer, 2 large parts cleaners, Lanik electric hoist, air tools, power tools, large metal service desk, Harley Davidson parts new in box, Corvette aluminum rims, parts room in rear full of parts!
* Antiques * Collectibles *
Every office and entire shop is full of antiques & collectibles including Coca Cola cooler, popular name brand oil and petroleum signs, oil and gas cans, old oil and gas bottles, wall covered in old hub caps, radiator cans, license plates, Delco & Anco cabinets, shop clocks, advertising paper goods, pictures, manuals, die cast cars, Sinclair gas attendant hat, and so much more!
NOTE - Words can't explain what is all here. Check out pictures online. 52 years of collecting and working.
Terms - Cash or check w/ proper I.D. Credit card w/ 4% convenience fee.
Property of the late Dan Downing
Owner - Vicki Downing